Doing This 2-Minute Workout Every Morning Could Completely Change Your Body
The hardest thing about exercise is not always the workout itself. It’s finding the time to break a sweat and do something for your health on a regular basis. That’s why this two minute workout will do wonders for you. You always have two minutes, right?
Read on to find out about the two minute workout that could completely change your body if you do it every morning.
Why do you want to work out in the morning?
There are tons of health benefits when it comes to working out in the early hours of the day:
- It will improve sleep since it works with your body’s natural rhythm
- It revs up your metabolism so the calorie burning doesn’t stop after you stop sweating – it goes on all day long
Here is the two minute workout that will give you thinner thighs and toner legs:
- Lunges (30 seconds)
- Stand up straight and step your right foot out behind you
- Bend your back/right knee at the same time as you bend your front/left knee
- Repeat on the other side
- Repeat for a total of 30 seconds
- Plank Hold (30 seconds)
- Kneel on a mat and put your hands on the floor in front of you, right under your shoulders
- Step your feet back so you are in a plank position
- This means that you are in a straight line from your shoulders to your toes
- Hold for a period of 30 seconds
- Squat Jumps (1 minute)
- Stand up straight with your feet apart from each other
- Squat, then jump, then come back into the squat position
- Repeat for a total of 1 minute
Planks are one of the best exercises out there and they are extremely efficient. Experts believe they have the following benefits:
- They can help you become more flexible
- They can make your stomach flatter
- They work your core, and a strong core is necessary for any other type of movement — you will be able to perform other movements with the correct alignment and your balance will be good too
If you make this two-minute workout a part of your morning routine, you will see the benefits in your toned legs and thighs. A 2010 study discovered that if you break a sweat before you eat your first meal of the day, that can help with weight loss. That’s because you won’t be using the breakfast that you just ate (i.e. carbohydrates). Instead, your body will rely on fat to power your workout.
So if you start this quick workout with a plank hold, you will be setting your body up for weight loss success.
Lunges are a popular leg exercise for a good reason: the American Council of Exercise called the forward lunge “one of the most effective exercises for eliciting a high level of muscle activity in the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and hamstrings.”
You will also be practicing your balance when you perform lunges, which also means that you will be using your core muscles – another reason to practice those core-using planks.
Finally, squat jumps are effective since you will be benefiting from two types of movement in one: the squat and the jump.
Squats are great for toner legs since you will be working on your calves, hamstrings and quadriceps (i.e. the muscles in your legs). You will also put your body in an “anabolic” state which means that your body will be set up for calorie burning.
The jump part of the exercise brings some cardio into the mix, and that will allow your metabolism to keep working all day long.
Sounds pretty good for two minutes, right?